Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February 3, 2009

The only thing that got me out of bed today was the promise I made to myself.

Dear self: "If you get out of bed today, clean the kitchen, put away the laundry, dust and water the plants, exercise and take a shower, then you can order a book for your Kindle."

So I've done everything on the list and now I can go order my book. Some days I have to make bargains with myself. Does anyone else in the world have to do that? Or is it just crazy me?

I stayed in bed most of the day yesterday and I ate until I was sick. Of course I then picked this morning to step on the scale. Still seeing that 200 but what did I expect.

Please tell me I'll conquer this behavior someday soon. I don't think I want to live my whole life battling this disease, addiction, habit, whatever it is. There has to be a better way to cope with that FREAKISHLY HUGE ANXIETY than sitting in my bed eating till I'm sick. I'm tired of the way I feel when I'm living this way.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got up today! That's a happy thing. Maybe bargains are what you need. I tell myself stuff like that all the time. Also, maybe doing something like chewing gum or sucking on a sucker can help get rid of some of the cravings to have something in your mouth. Its worked for me!! Those are just suggestions. You don't have to try them if it sounds silly. I like to give suggestions and hopefully I don't drive people crazy when I give them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are crazy girl, I am right there with you! I make bargains with myself-all the time. But I have a hard time following through. I do not have a lot of self control either. The internet is my big thing I could be on here all day. I tell myself, to do the dishes make the beds and fold a load of laundry then I can check emails. Then I tell myself that if I just hurry and check my email then I can focus on my chores. And guess what, chores never get done and then I feel more lazy. So good for you getting up and following through! Aaron wanted a Kindle for Christmas, he did not get one but they look really neat! Do you like yours? I am in a book club with Jen Sorensen, Whitney Child (do you know her?) and others...would that interest you? They are girls from Eagle mountain and Saratoga. It would be fun if you wanted to come with me, our next meeting is Feb. 11 at 8:30pm. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I am so the same way. I probably should make deals with myself like that for exercise!

    ReplyDelete