Monday, August 10, 2009

Three Good Things I Did today

I'd been doing some reading over the past few weeks, yes I know, what else is new. But I came across a bit of wisdom about recognizing the good things we do everyday, instead of feeling guilty about the things we don't do, or don't do right.

So I got to thinking about that. You know, I've written in gratitude journals, finding something to be grateful for everyday. I've made "to do" lists everyday, I've blogged, written in a regular journal, posted with my Weight Watchers friends, and written on Facebook, Hotmail, etc. I've purged my entire life with a therapist.

I read my scriptures, my Ensign, pray, go to the Temple and keep the commandments and my covenants.

Even doing all these things, my life seems to revolve around all the things I don't do or that I don't do right.

So I'm going to start recognizing the things I DO, everyday. All the things I accomplish, no matter how small, and all the things I DO RIGHT!! I know I do them, I just don't recognize them. So I'm going to start. Want to join me? Just three things that I do right everyday.

Here's todays Three Good Things:

1. I put on my pedometer and went for a walk for 60 minutes. Listened to some good music and came home feeling like a million bucks. YAY for walking!

2. I balanced my checkbook.

3. I cleaned my entire kitchen, including the fridge and floors. It's all sparkly. I love it when my kitchen is clean.

Feeling good about those three things.

2 comments:

  1. You Go girl!! I so need to take a page from your book! Life is tough right now and I need to see the positive in things and not always dwell on the negative. Thanks for the reminder. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to think about that today. :) It's too early for me to have three good things that I have done today. lol.

    ReplyDelete