Friday, July 17, 2009

What I've Learned in 4 months

Well, here I am, back at last. And here's what I've learned about myself.

I CAN LOSE WEIGHT!!! It's easy, no problem. And here's what else I've learned about myself.

I CAN'T KEEP IT OFF!!!! It's true, I can't.

I tried HCG in April. I lost 17 pounds in 20 days. It was amazing. And I felt so good, so skinny and wonderful, physically and emotionally. Then I stopped taking the HCG, had some kind of family drama, wound up spending a week in bed and gained 10 pounds back. Go figure!

So here's the conclusion I've drawn.

My issue isn't really losing weight. My issue is how to cope with life without sitting in my bed and eating. If I can learn how to do that, then when I lose weight I'll keep it off. Simple, huh? Yeah right!

So in the meantime, until I figure out my crazy life, I rejoined Weight Watchers. Going to the meetings this time which has been kind of fun. I'm losing really slow, but the slower the better cause it gives me a chance to figure out this mental issue. I have so many, what's one more!

Been doing a lot of soul searching, lots of praying. Of course I know the answer lies in the power of God, I just need to figure out how to fully access that power in my life. But I'm working on it. I have hope for the first time in a long time. Nothing quick is going to fix this. So I'm in it for the long haul.

And the most important thing I've learned is that no matter what I weigh, no matter what I can or can't do, no matter how many social events I attend or don't attend, no matter what!!!, God loves me and I am of great worth to him. That's all that really matters in the end, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Mom, I love this! And can I tell you, your point is exactly why I want to start my center! You aren't the only one who feels this way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michele, I stop by here all the time looking for a new post from you! I'm glad I stopped by today and saw this one! Hang in there sweetie! Not only does God love you bit all your friends and family! Post often my friend-it helps!

    ReplyDelete