Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hard time thinking of three things today

It's been one of those days where I've had to rack my brain to come up with three good things I did today. Now if you asked me to list things that I did badly or just three really bad things I did, I could make you a list that would go on into eternity (I'm sure it probably will!) but the good things are in short supply today. So here goes nothing.

1. I went for a 60 minute walk. It hurt and I didn't want to, but I went. And when I got home I promptly lost my pedometer in the toilet. I said a bad word, I admit it. But I'm over it.

2. I cleaned the kids bathroom today. It was disgusting and I swore I wouldn't do it again, but I couldn't stand it anymore so I caved. It is all sparkly and lovely though. Gotta love that.

3. I bought Ben a Bakugon at Walmart. It made him so happy. After listening to me yell at him all morning he deserved to be happy for a moment. HMM buying someone's forgiveness, is that a good thing? Am I teaching him right principles? Make Mom really mad and after she's done yelling at you she'll take you shopping and buy you a toy. Maybe not quite what I should be going for.

So there's my three good things for the day. As you can see I've managed to get in a few negative things with the good. Isn't that usually the case. I can't ever just see the good, always gotta find the bad too. But I'm working on it. Tomorrow will be better, right?

3 comments:

  1. Mom you crack me up! Way to go for finding some good things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I crack myself up too. But it was such a lousy day, you just gotta laugh, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michele. I love you. just a few comments:
    1. If I get through the day saying only one bad word it is a good day. 2. There are lots of times that I feel like if I do not do something around the house then it wouldn't get done. O ne time I did not take out the trash or clean our (mine & Aaron's) bathroom, just to see how long it would take for someone to step up. I caved too, I just couldn't do it, sometimes I think us moms are taken for granted!! and 3.I totally bribe my kids for their forgiveness. I think it is okay, sometimes. I know I have crappy days and I fly off the handle because they did not make their beds right. I think it is okay to give an I'm sorry gift.

    You are amazing! Thanks for sharing your life stories with me!!

    ReplyDelete